inVerse Plugin Changelog
5.0.5 Release 1 -- November 27, 2019
- #21: upgrade to converse.js 5.0.5, which includes these changes:
- Prevent editing of sent file uploads.
- #1089: When filtering the roster for `online` users, show all non-offline users.
- #1733: New message notifications for a minimized chat stack on top of each other.
- #1757: Chats are hidden behind the controlbox on mobile.
- #1760: Private messages no longer received after websocket reconnect.
5.0.4 Release 1 -- October 8, 2019
- #19: upgrade to converse.js 5.0.4, which includes these changes:
For Converse 5.0.4:
- New config option allow_message_corrections which, if set to last, limits editing of sent messages to the last message sent.
- Bugfix: Don't treat every duplicate message ID as a message correction; since some clients don't use globally unique ID's this causes false positives.
- Bugfix: process stanzas from mam one-by-one in order to correctly process message receipts
- #1712 TypeError: plugin._features is not a function
- #1714 Don't notify the user in case we're receiving a message delivery receipt only
- #1739 New config option assets_path which lets you set the path from which "chunks" are loaded.
For Converse 5.0.3:
- Emit chatBoxFocused and chatBoxBlurred events for emoji picker input
- SECURITY FIX: Reject unencapsulated forwarded messages, since we don't support XEP-0297 on its own
For Converse 5.0.2:
- po translations files are now loaded via Webpack. As a result the locales_url config option is now removed given that the path to the locale JSON files is now determined by the webpack config and can't be changed at runtime.
- The JSON representing emojis is now fetched asynchronously as a separate file converse.emojis.js.
- Webpack is now configured with a publicPath set to /dist/. This is necessary so that chunks (such as the emojis and locales JSON files) can be fetched asynchronously. This means that all your assets need to be served at /dist. If you need to set a different path, you'll need to set publicPath in webpack.config.js to your preferred path and then rebuild all assets (e.g. make dist).
- Use listenTo to avoid memory leaks when views get removed.
- SECURITY FIX: Ignore MAM chat messages not sent from yourself
- #1692 Bugfix: TypeError: oldest_message is undefined
- #1704 SECURITY FIX: Impersonation by misusage of groupchat carbons
- #1705 Bugfix: this.roomspanel is undefined after hibernating
5.0.1 Release 1 -- August 27, 2019
- #17: upgrade to converse.js 5.0.1, which includes these changes:
For Converse 5.0.1:
- Add a new GUI for moderator actions. You can trigger it by entering /modtools in a MUC.
- Reconnect if the server doesn't respond to a ping within 10 seconds.
- Don't query for MAM MUC messages before the cached messages have been restored (another cause of duplicate messages).
- Show an error message and option to retry when fetching of the MAM archive times out
- Bugfix: TypeError: o.getAttribute is not a function converse-chatview.js (can cause messages to not appear).
For Converse 5.0.0:
- BOSH support has been moved to a plugin.
- Support for XEP-0410 to check whether we're still present in a room
- Initial support for the CredentialsContainer web API
- Allow for synchronous events. When a synchronous event is fired, Converse will
- wait for all promises returned by the event's handlers to finish before continuing.
- Properly handle message correction being received before the corrected message
- Groupchat default configuration now supports list-multi fields
- Bugfix: Don't set muc_domain for roomspanel if locked_muc_domain is true.
- Bugfix: Modal auto-closes when you open it for a second time.
- Bugfix: Cannot read property 'parentElement' of null in shadow DOM
- Take roster nickname into consideration when rendering messages and chat headings.
- Hide the textarea when a user is muted in a groupchat.
- Don't restore a BOSH session without knowing the JID
- In the /help menu, only show allowed commands
- Message deduplication bugfixes and improvements
- Continuously retry (in 2s intervals) to fetch login credentials (via credentials_url) in case of failure
- Replace moment with DayJS.
- New config option auto_focus
- New config option clear_messages_on_reconnection
- New config option enable_smacks
- New config option message_limit
- New config option muc_fetch_members
- New config option muc_mention_autocomplete_min_chars
- New config option muc_show_join_leave_status
- New config option singleton
- By setting this option to false and view_mode to 'embedded', it's now possible to
- "embed" the full app and not just a single chat. To embed just a single chat, it's now
- necessary to explicitly set singleton to true.
- Re-add the previously removed config option keepalive
- New event: chatBoxBlurred
- New event: chatReconnected
- #316 Add support for XEP-0198 Stream Management
- #1071 x clear cross of same size as text
- #1142 Up/down arrow shouldn't erase current message
- #1196 Use alternative connection method upon connfail
- #1296 embedded view mode shows chatbox-navback arrow in header
- #1330 Missing room name in MUC invitation popup
- #1445 Participants list uses big font in embedded mode
- #1455 Avatar in controlbox status-view not updated
- #1465 When highlighting a roster contact, they're incorrectly shown as online
- #1476 Support OMEMO on by default for chats via a config variable
- #1494 Trim whitespace around messages
- #1495 Mentions should always include a URI attribute
- #1502 Fatal error when using prebind
- #1524 OMEMO libsignal-protocol.js Invalid signature
- #1532 Converse reloads on enter pressed in the filter box
- #1538 Allow adding self as contact
- #1548 Add support for paging through the MAM results when filling in the blanks
- #1550 Legitimate carbons being blocked due to erroneous forgery check
- #1554 Room auto-configuration broke if the config form contained fields with type fixed
- #1558 this.get is not a function error when forward_messages is set to true.
- #1561 Don't call clear on local or session storage
- #1572 In fullscreen view mode the top is cut off on iOS
- #1575 MUC invitation autocomplete list doesn't appear
- #1576 Converse gets stuck with spinner when logging out with auto_login set to true
- #1579 Trim spaces at the beginning and end of a JID (when adding contact)
- #1585 Upload files by pasting from clipboard
- #1586 Not possible to kick someone with a space in their nickname
- #1664 Blacklisting converse-profile makes the control box totally blank
4.2.0 Release 1 -- June 25, 2019
- #15: upgrade to converse.js 4.2.0, which includes these changes:
- Upgrade to Backbone 1.4.0, Strophe 1.3.2 and Jasmine 2.99.2
- Remove dependency on (our fork of) Awesomplete
- Prevent user from adding themselves as contact
- Fix "flashing" of roster filter when you have less than 5 roster contacts
- Fix handling of CAPTCHAs offered by ejabberd
- Don't send out receipts or markers for MAM messages
- Allow setting of debug mode via URL with /#converse?debug=true
- Render inline images served over HTTP if Converse itself was loaded on an unsecured (HTTP) page.
- Make sure nickname passed in via _converse.initialize has first preference as MUC nickname
- Make sure required registration fields have "required" attribute
- New config setting autocomplete_add_contact
- New config setting locked_muc_domain
- New config setting locked_muc_nickname
- New config setting show_client_info
- Document new API method sendMessage
- Don't filter out own device when sending an OMEMO message
- #1149 With xhr_user_search_url, contact requests are not being sent out
- #1213 Switch roster filter input and icons
- #1327 fix False mentions positives in URLs and Email addresses
- #1352 Add Jed as dependency of @converse/headless
- #1373 Re-add support for the muc_domain setting
- #1400 When a chat message is just an emoji, enlarge the emoji
- #1407 Silent errors when trying to use whitespace as MUC nickname
- #1437 List of groupchats in modal doesn't scroll
- #1457 Wrong tooltip shown for "unbookmark" icon
- #1467 Fix rendering of URLs enclosed with sharp brackets such as <https://example.org>
- #1479 Allow file upload by drag & drop also in MUCs
- #1487 New config option muc_respect_autojoin
- #1488 In error message, fall back to JID if name is not available.
- #1501 Don't prompt for a reason if auto_join_on_invite is true
- #1507 Make message id and origin-id identical in order to fix LMC with Conversations
- #1508 Minimized bookmarked chatboxes should not be always maximized after page reload.
- #1512 Allow manual entry of jid even with xhr_user_search_url.
- The JID input field is now also visible. To hide it simply hide .add-xmpp-contact__jid via CSS.
4.1.2 Release 1 -- February 22, 2019
- #12: Upgrade to converse.js 4.1.2, which includes these changes:
- Updated translations: af, cz, de, es, he, it, nl, nl_BE, pt_BR, zh_CN
- Bugfix. Prevent duplicate messages by comparing MAM archive id to XEP-0359 stanza ids.
- Bugfix. Open groupchats not shown when logging in after disconnection.
- #1406 TypeError: e.devicelists is undefined when unchecking the "trusted device" checkbox
4.1.1 Release 1 -- February 20, 2019
- #8: Fix Maven build
- #9: Upgrade to converse.js 4.1.1, which includes these changes:
- Updated translations: af, cz, de, es, eu, ga, he, hi, ja, nb, nl_BE, zh_CN
- New language supported: Esperanto
- Accessibility: Tag the chat-content as an ARIA live region, for screen readers
- Set releases URL to new Github repo
- Rudimentary support for XEP-0333 chat markers
- Better support for XEP-0359 stanza-id and origin-id elements.
- Bugfix: restore textarea size after sending a message
- Bugfix: MUC invite form not appearing
- #1369 Don't wrongly interpret message with subject as a topic change.
- #1405 Status of contacts list are not displayed properly
- #1408 New config option roomconfig_whitelist
- #1410 HTTP upload not working if conversations push proxy is used
- #1412 MUC moderator commands can be disabled selectively by config
- #1413 Fix moderator commands that change affiliation
- #1414 Prevent duplicate messages on MUC join
- #1417 Margin between nickname and badge
- #1421 Fix direct invite for membersonly room
- #1422 Resurrect the muc_show_join_leave option
- #1438 Update contact nickname when receiving a roster push
- #1442 MUC read receipts causing empty lines
4.1.0 Release 1 -- January 16, 2019
- [OF-1517] - Don't require i18n source files for all plugins to be encoded.
- [OF-1641] - Ensure all JSP pages have the correct contentType.
- Minimum Java requirement: 1.8
- OF-1517: Don't require i18n source files for all plugins to be encoded.
- OF-1636: Add 'fullpage' style sheet.
- OF-1629: include missing resources (logos, sounds).
- #6: upgrade to converse.js 4.1.0, which includes these changes:
For Converse 4.1.0:
- Bugfix: MUC commands were being ignored
- Bugfix: Multiple rooms shown active in the rooms list
- Bugfix: Don't open chats when receiving messages without a body
- Bugfix: Typing in the textarea can become very slow in large MUCs
- UI: Always show the OMEMO lock icon (grayed out if not available).
- Use publish-options with pubsub#access_model set to open when publishing OMEMO public keys and devices
- Add a new converse-pubsub plugin, for generic PubSub operations
- #1180 It's now possible to use OMEMO in a MUC (if it's members-only and non-anonymous)
- #1334 Force avatar refetch when receiving vcard-temp:x:update
- #1337 send_chat_state_notifications doesn't work in MUCs
- #1353 Message Delivery Receipts not working because of the message "type" attribute
- #1356 Make triangle icon usable
- #1374 Can't load embedded chat when changing view_mode between page reloads
- #1376 Fixed some alignment issues in the sidebar
- #1378 Message Delivery Receipts were being sent for carbons and own messages
- #1379 MUC unread messages indicator is failing
- #1382 Message Delivery Receipts: Set store hint and type='chat'
- #1388 implement muc-owner command /destroy
For Converse 4.0.6 (OF-1653):
- Updated translations: ar, cs, de, es, eu, fr, gl, hu, id, it, ja, nb, pt_BR
- Don't render http (i.e. non-TLS) resources
- Bugfix: Converse caused RID out of range errors on Prosody
- Bugfix: MUC messages sometimes appear twice after resync.
- #1331 Fix missing checkmarks in old muc messages
- #1333 Don't send receipt requests in MUCs
- #1348 Font gets cut off in Firefox #1348
For Converse 4.0.5:
- Error FATAL: TypeError: Cannot read property 'extend' of undefined when using embedded view mode.
- Default paths in converse-notifications.js are now relative
- Add a button to regenerate OMEMO keys
- Add client info modal which shows Converse's version number
- New config setting theme
- #141 XEP-0184: Message Delivery Receipts
- #1033 Setting show_send_button to true didn't work
- #1188 Feature request: drag and drop file to HTTP Upload
- #1268 Switch from SASS variables to CSS custom properties
- #1278 Replace the default avatar with a SVG version
- #1288 Add CSS classes to differentiate between incoming and outgoing messages
- #1305 added value 'all' for 'show_desktop_notifications' to notifiy even if converse.js is open
- #1306 added option notification_delay
- #1312 Error unrecognized expression in Safari
- #1316 show version info in login dialog
- #1317 Don't show errors for CSI messages
- #1318 added values 'on' and 'off' for 'trusted' option which removes the "This is a trusted device" checkbox from the login form
- #1319 Implement sending of presences according to XEP-0319: Last User Interaction in Presence
For Converse 4.0.4 (OF-1635):
- Use Lerna to create the @converse/headless package
- Use ES2015 modules instead of UMD.
- #1252 Correctly reflect the state in bookmark icon title.
- #1257 Prefer 'probably' over 'maybe' when evaluating audio play support.
- #1259 Don't inform of affiliation change after user leaves MUC
- #1261 File upload not working
- #1264 Right Align badges of room occupants
- #1272 Hiding MUC occupants leaves a blank space
- #1278 Replace the default avatar with a SVG version
For Converse 4.0.3 (OF-1628):
- New translations: Arabic, Basque, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Romanian, Spanish
- Bugfix. Converse continuously publishes an empty OMEMO devicelist for itself
- Bugfix. Handler not triggered when submitting MUC password form 2nd time
- Bugfix. MUC features weren't being refreshed when saving the config form
- Don't show duplicate notification messages
- New config setting show_images_inline
- Disable OMEMO when the user has indicated that Converse is running on an untrusted device.
- #537 Render xmpp: URI as link
- #1058 Send an inactive chat state notification when the user switches to another tab
- #1062 Collapse multiple join/leave messages into one
- #1063 URLs in the topic / subject are not clickable
- #1140 Add support for destroyed chatrooms
- #1169 Non-joined participants display an unwanted status message
- #1185 Added Contact still shown as pending
- #1190 MUC Participants column disappears in certain viewport widths
- #1193 OMEMO messages without a body fallback are ignored
- #1199 Can't get back from to login screen from registration screen
- #1204 Link encoding issue
- #1209 Bring color codes of users' status in line with other clients
- #1214 Setting allow_contact_requests to false has no effect
- #1221 Avoid creating a headlines box if we don't have anything to show inside it
- #1222 Adding a bookmark should prefill the room name
- #1228 Converse automatically visits links (to try and determine whether they're images to show inline)
4.0.2 Release 1 -- October 4th, 2018
4.0.1 Release 1 -- September 20th, 2018
4.0.0 Release 1 -- September 8th, 2018
- OF-1597: upgrade to converse.js 4.0.0, which includes these changes:
- #161 XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload
- #194 Include entity capabilities in outgoing presence stanzas
- #337 API call to update a VCard
- #421 XEP-0308: Last Message Correction
- #497 XEP-0384: OMEMO encrypted messaging
- #968 Use nickname from VCard when joining a room
- #986 Affiliation changes aren't displayed in the chat
- #1081 Allow for shift-enter to insert newlines
- #1091 There's now only one CSS file for all view modes.
- #1094 Show room members who aren't currently online
- #1106 Support for Roster Versioning
- #1137 Autocompletion and support for XEP-0372 References, specifically section "3.2 Mentions".
- It's now also possible to edit your VCard via the UI
- Automatically grow/shrink input as text is entered/removed
- MP4 and MP3 files when sent as XEP-0066 Out of Band Data, are now playable directly in chat
- Support for rendering URLs sent according to XEP-0066 Out of Band Data.
- Geo-URIs (e.g. from Conversations) are now replaced by links to openstreetmap (works in reverse also)
- Add a checkbox to indicate whether a trusted device is being used or not.
- If the device is not trusted, sessionStorage is used and all user data is deleted from the browser cache upon logout.
- If the device is trusted, localStorage is used and user data is cached indefinitely.
- Initial support for XEP-0357 Push Notifications, specifically registering an "App Server".
- Add support for logging in via OAuth (see the oauth_providers setting)
- Spoiler messages didn't include the message author's name.
- #1017 Documentation includes utf-8 charset to make minfied versions compatible across platforms.
- #1026 Typing in MUC shows "Typing from another device"
- #1039 Multi-option data form elements not shown and saved correctly
- #1143 Able to send blank message
- _converse.api.vcard.get now also accepts a Backbone.Model instance and has an additional force parameter to force fetching the vcard even if it has already been fetched.
- New API method _converse.api.vcard.update.
- The contactStatusChanged event has been renamed to contactPresenceChanged and a event presenceChanged is now also triggered on the contact.
- _converse.api.chats.open and _converse.api.rooms.open now returns a Presence which resolves with the Backbone.Model representing the chat object.
- #956 Conversation pane should show my own identity in pane header
- The UI is now based on Bootstrap4 and Flexbox is used extensively.
- Fontawesome 5 is used for icons.
- User Avatars are now shown in chat messages.
- Removed the storage configuration setting, use trusted instead.
- Removed the use_vcards configuration setting, instead VCards are always used.
- Removed the xhr_custom_status and xhr_custom_status_url configuration settings. If you relied on these settings, you can instead listen for the statusMessageChanged event and make the XMLHttpRequest yourself.
- Removed xhr_user_search in favor of only accepting xhr_user_search_url as configuration option.
- xhr_user_search_url has to include the ? character now in favor of more flexibility. See example in the documentation.
- The data returned from the xhr_user_search_url must now include the user's jid instead of just an id.
- New configuration settings nickname and auto_join_private_chats.
- Extracted the views from converse-muc.js into converse-muc-views.js and where appropriate moved methods from the views into the models/collections. This makes MUC possible in headless mode.
- Created a new core plugin converse-roster.js which contains the models for roster-related data. Previously this code was in converse-core.js.
- VCards are now stored separately from chats and roster contacts.
- Support for OTR (off-the-record) encryption has been dropped.
3.3.4 Release 1 -- March 15th, 2018
3.3.2 Release 1 -- February 5th, 2018
3.2.1 Release 1 -- September 4th, 2017
3.1.0 Release 1 -- July 10th, 2017
3.0.3 Alpha 1 -- June 19th, 2017
- Initial release.
- Based on commit 068be7b
of Converse, which is a commit newer than the 3.0.2 release, which was the latest official release at the time.