Openfire 3.3.0 / asterisk-im : impossible to add server

Hi, I’‘ve just installed openfire 3.3.0 from the rpm available on igniterealtime and downloaded asterisk-im plugin. Plugin installation works perfectly but I’‘m unable to add a SIP server. I’‘ve traced with tcpdump asterisk-im connection to the asterisk manager, everything seems fine. Nevertheless, the plugin’'s web console still displays the “No Servers Configured” message.

Any hint ?

EDIT : Here is the dialog between openfire and Asterisk’'s manager :

Asterisk Call Manager/1.0

action: Challenge

actionid: 17614640_0#

authtype: MD5

Response: Success

ActionID: 17614640_0#

Challenge: 474477053

action: Login

actionid: 17614640_1#

authtype: MD5

username: openfire

key: 565d0f9fc39c8e66c5de87e78ce0a9de

ActionID: 17614640_1#

action: Command

actionid: 17614640_2#

command: show version files pbx.c

Response: Follows

Privilege: Command

ActionID: 17614640_2#

File Revision

pbx.c Revision: 62171

END COMMAND

action: Status

actionid: 17614640_3#

ActionID: 17614640_3#

Event: StatusComplete

ActionID: 17614640_3#

action: QueueStatus

actionid: 17614640_4#

ActionID: 17614640_4#

Event: QueueParams

Queue: niveau3

Max: 0

Calls: 0

Holdtime: 0

Completed: 0

Abandoned: 0

ServiceLevel: 0

ServicelevelPerf: 0.0

Weight: 0

Queue: niveau2

Queue: niveau1

Event: QueueMember

Queue: niveau1

Membership: dynamic

Penalty: 0

CallsTaken: 0

LastCall: 0

Paused: 0

Event: QueueStatusComplete

Message was edited by: tax

Having the exact same issue with 3.3.2

Nothing in the logs on either end? openfire is onthe same server as the trixbox 2.2 server

Do you see Openfire connected to Asterisk on the Asterisk CLI? (user show manager connected)

no Sir I do not show it connected

I’'ve also noticed that after installing the plugin my users are no longer able to login to openfire.

This problem is fixed in Asterisk-IM 1.3.1 which will shortly appear on the Plugins page.

For now you download it from http://www.reucon.com/~srt/asterisk-im/1.3.1/asterisk-im.jar and install it manually.

1.3.1 does not fix the server addition problem for me. I add the server and then click save. The server list shows no mappings. Clicking on add phone mappings takes me back to the server page

Well 1.3.1 fixes the issue with users not being able to log in.

I could not reproduce you problem with adding new servers here. Do you have an error in the logs?

Switching to a mysql database fixed the issue!

What did you use before? The embedded HSQLDB?

Hi,

we have the same issue and it looks like the databases have not been created during install.

Yes we are using the inbuild HSQL Database Engine 1.8.0

Can you please let me know how we can fix this ?

Thanks

Thorsten

Currnetly switching to MySQL fixes it. I will look into the issue for 1.4.0 - PHONE-62 tracks the status.

Looks like it has been fixed in 1.4, I see in http://www.reucon.com/~srt/asterisk-im there is a beta 1.4 but it was built before the issue was resolved. Can we get another beta build?

Thanks

Tom

Hey Tom,

not sure if that’s already fixed.

You can get all snapshot releases from http://maven.reucon.com/public-snapshot/org/jivesoftware/phone/asterisk-im-serve r/1.4.0-SNAPSHOT/

Please report back whether it works now or you still have trouble.

=Stefan

I tried the snapshot asterisk-im-server-1.4.0-20070726.001410-3.jar without success. We are using the built-in database on Openfire 3.3.2. Here is the message displayed on Openfire restart:

Missing database schema for asterisk-im. Attempting to install…

asterisk-im-server-1.4.0-20070726.001410-3 - Database update failed. Please manually upgrade your database.

Is it possible to manually do the upgrade or is a fix forthcoming?

Thanks

Hi,

I don’t know if this helps but I found I had to fix the SQL for the HSQL embedded db table creations. See http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/28619 - maybe this could help you.

Regards,

Chris.

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. We did do a test install with Openfire using MySQL and the Asterisk-IM plugin and the database setup worked correctly. Additionally, we registered two Asterisk servers in the plugin and Spark seemed to correctly show phone status for extensions on each side of the trunk. We didn’t do heavy testing (like call transfers, etc) but it initially it seems to work very nicely.

Thanks again!

I had the same issue and tried a number of suggestion here including change the *.sql files that create the database, nothing work. However I realized my SQL user ID didn’t have access to create table in the database. After changing permission for my sql user (and restarting both MySQL and OpenFire) everything works great now.