Conversations being logged

Hi,

I first tried this out at home on my Linux PC and the logs contained conversations, I seem to remember between tags.

For the life of me, I can’'t get this to replicate on a proper server I am now setting up.

Am I missing something or have I found a bug?

can’‘t even remember while log file it was in now, but i’‘m fairly sure i’'ve set it up to log everything but still no joy.

Any ideas anyone?

J

In the Wildfire web admin page make sure you are on the first tab (server tab) and on the left and column underneath the “Server Settings” there is a “Message Audit Policy” link. Click on that and you should be able to enable the message auditing feature.

Thanks, i’'ll try that monday, will let you know.

J

Hello,

unfortunatley, still problems. (Linux - Ubuntu Wildfire 3.1.1)

I did have that enabled, with a tick in audit message packets.

also :-

maximum size for all files = 4000 mb

maximim file size = 10mb

max days to archive = -1 (does this mean forever upto file size limitations?)

flush interval = 120 seconds (I gather logs are updated with this interval)

my logs are in the default place /opt/wildfire/logs

I gather the main file i’'m interested in is the :-

jive.audit-" various dates".log

and they are XML files but not end tagged because the file is still “open” ??

and I think i see a problem. With some test messages, I have seen once, one

any idea what I am missing?

J

Infact the more I look at this, the more it seems that is is storing the last message only.

does this help.

J

Well I was unable to solve this, so i did a de-install, deleted the directories, re-installed and its fine.

thanks

Jeff

It’'s gone wrong again, but I now know what it is.

If you change the maximum size for logs from 1000mb to 4000mb, it starts truncating the file!!!

J

sorry for not responding sooner. I havent seen this issue before. Definitely something that the developers should take a look at I think.

package org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi;
public class AuditorImpl implements Auditor {
    /**
     * Max size in bytes that all audit log files may have. When the limit is reached
     * oldest audit log files will be removed until total size is under the limit.
     */
    private int maxTotalSize;
}

as MAX_INT = 2 GB one will expect undefined results setting the max files size to 4 GB … creating JM-909 for this.

LG