Bug: Admin login fails after first login

Raised here and here among other places, this bug makes the product unusable by preventing admin console login after the initial setup.

Expected behaviour:

After completing setup and visiting the admin console you should be able to log in with the details entered during setp.

Actual behaviour:

Upon entering those details on the admin console login page you get the following error:

“Login failed: make sure your username and password are correct and that you’re an admin or moderator.”

I get this error in Windows 7 using either the embedded database or MySQL. It also occurs in Ubuntu, among others.

Various workarounds have been suggested, such as restarting the server at the OS level, re-running setup, editing configuration file and tables manually, none of which are working for me at the moment.

I read on the issue tracker that bugs should be reported via this forum, but it’s not clear whether Openfire is under active development. Fingers crossed.

I have managed to get a workaround working - the openfire admin user did not have privileges for the openfire database (I’m currently using MySQL). Adding these privileges has fixed it for now. the question is, why were these privileges lost?

Hi,

this is a known issue and there is also an announcement in the forum. The next version should fix this problem.

LG

Groovy. An announcement? Sorry, I’m new to these forums and don’t really know my way around - could you link me?

It’s easy enough to fix when you know what you’re doing anyway.

Unfortunatly, I don’t have a clue what I’m doing! I can fix it in MySQL, but I just noticed that the server I was planning on deploying to already has MS SQLServer running on it, so I thought I might as well use that, rather than have MySQL running along side it. As with MySQL, the setup completed fine, but now I can’t log in.

Anyone know how to fix it in MS SQLServer?

Hi Sam,

I did never test this but it should work:

Stop Openfire

Edit conf/openfire.xml and add their your admin JID. Change

<!-- <authorizedJIDs></authorizedJIDs> -->

to

<authorizedJIDs>admin@example.com</authorizedJIDs>

Start Openfire

On http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/index.jspa you’ll find four announcements in the middle of your screen, just above the forums.

LG

Brilliant, that did the trick. I think the instructions I had read were old, they were all about adding "

<authorizedUserNames>admin</authorizedAuthorizedUsernames>", which doesn't work.  Thank you very much

Wow, how blind was I to miss the announcements section!? :$