Virtual memory high open fire, help!

Good morning friends,
My server Open this fire showing that the memory of java it comes close to its limit, can you help me?
Please find attached the picture
Thank you

jcb

Hi jcb,

how many users do you have? You may want to increase the Java memory. After creating the file vmoptions file you need to restart Openfire.

http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/install- guide.html reads

Custom Parameters

Advanced users may wish to pass in parameters to the Java virtual machine (VM) to customize the runtime environment of Openfire. You can do this by creating vmoptions files in the bin/ directory of your Openfire installation. For the Windows service, you’d create a new text file called openfire-service.vmoptions. Each parameter to the VM should be on a new line of the file. For example, to set the minimum heap size to 512 MB and max VM heap size to 1024 MB, you’d use:

-Xms512m
-Xmx1024m

To create parameters for the normal launcher, create a file called openfired.vmoptions (since the openfire.exe launcher invokes the openfired.exe executable to actually start the server).

So you may want to increase the Java memory to 256, 512 or 1024 MB by adding a line like

-XmX512m
to openfired.vmoptions.

LG

Thank you LG for Attention
I have 42 registered users in the open fire …
This server has 758 RAM and 30GB of HD

Now the problem is this below, which can be?
Exception in thread “timer-monitoring” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “pool-2-thread-3” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “openfire-timer” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Logging Error: Unknown error writing event.
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “btpool0-0” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “pool-2-thread-2” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “PEP sessions avaiable handler” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “ChatAuditor” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Logging Error: Unknown error writing event

attached is a sample vm file as described above. if you are running openfire as a service this is the file you use. otherwise it must be renamed. change the settings as you wish.
openfire-service.vmoptions (20 Bytes)

ok, but as I do that?
have any configuration in the open fire? the times the open fire and lock users are disconnected, then I have to stop and start the program

you will need to restart openfire to get the settings to become active.

ok, this file openfire-service.vmoptions you have to put in place some folder?

As it says in LG’s post it goes in the bin folder inside the openfire folder.

Thanks friends,
I lay half in English, could please do the step by step to configure, I do not really understand.
thank you very much

If you are running openfire as a service:

1. Take my file and place it in the folder C:\Program Files\Openfire\bin
  2. Restart the openfire server.

If you are not running openfire as a service:

1. Rename my file to openfired.vmoptions
  2. Place file in the folder C:\Program Files\Openfire\bin
  3. Restart the openfire server

Todd Getz Hello, thank you for your attention.

I did as below inserting openfire-service.vmoptions the file into the folder / bin

If you are running the openfire the service:

Take my file and place it in the folder C: \ Program Files \ Openfire \ bin
Restart the openfire server.

and continues with the same problem below:
Now the problem is this below, which can be?
Exception in thread “timer-monitoring” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “pool-2-thread-3” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “openfire-timer” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “btpool0-0” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “pool-2-thread-2” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “PEP sessions avaiable handler” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread “ChatAuditor” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Logging Error: Unknown error writing event

when you restart the openfire can not access
through the web address or ip http://127.0.0.1:9090 the server: 9090

Help me please
thanks and hugs

Stop the openfire server. Remove any plugins from the C:\Program Files\Openfire\plugins folder. Restart openfire. If you still cannot access the web admin make sure you only have one instance of the server running. If you are only running one instance stop openfire, edit C\Program File\Openfire\conf\openfire.xl setup tag to read false, and restart openfire. You will need to step through the config again. Make sure you are using the latest plugins.

Thanks Toddy Getz, did the setup right, but was manually editing the tag of the xml file … 98% to 12% now this virtual memory.
Thank you for attention and help …
a big hug