Openfire 3.6.2 and Open Archive 1.5-Snapshot or Mabber Message Archive

Hello again,

I wanted to enable server sided message archiving for my users because many of them are logging from different places and want to have a consintent message history. So I found out that JEP-0136 describes exactly the needes features. And Open Archive seems to implement JEP-0136. Because the version 1.0.4 does not work with Openfire 3.6.x I tried the 1.5-Snapshot. But it doesn’t seem to work either. It shows up under Plugins but I can’t find any page in the admin console to configure it. It also doesn’t show up under service discovery.

I then tried to use the Mabber Message Archive since it seems to be very similiar. It compiled fine but when I try to start it it dies with an “unexpected end of document” error.

It would be very nice if someone could help to implement JEP-0136 on my server with one these (or a completely different solution). For sure I would prefer the plugin-solution.

I’m new to openfire and xmpp, but what I see from logs it looks like openfire did some incompatible changes in the API. If the API change was intentional, there should be some migration guide for plugin modules tu update its code.

It looks like Archive plugin:

com.reucon.openfire.plugin.archive.ArchivePlugin.initializePlugin(ArchivePlugin. java:66)

uses method, which was recently removed:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.getMultiUserChatServer()Lorg/jivesoftware/ openfire/muc/MultiUserChatServer;

Ok, thanks. So the author has to change the plugin according to the new interface. Are here others who want or already have support for JEP-136?

The latest snapshot works with Openfire 3.6.2. Rename it to archive.jar before deploying it to Openfire.

Many many thanks to you. You’re great. I was afraid that I had to implement it myself. I will try the latest snapshot as soon as I have time.