Can not login to Openfire since upgrade

I upgraded to the latest version yesterday and all went well. Today I can not log into the admin console. I edited the openfire.xml file and change the setup line to false. That allowed me to go through the setup again and set a new password. But I still can not log in. How do I fix this?

How long after the rerun of the setup did you wait to login? Have you tried stopping and starting the server again? Are there errors in the log files?

Yes I restarted the server. Tried to login in right away and waited a few minutes. Same result. I had this problem yesterday when I upgraded and found the answer about editing the openfire.xml file in this newsgroup. That fixed it yesterday and I got logged in. Stayed logged in most of the day trying to get the Sip Phone, Spark, and Ansterisk-IM to play nice. Never succeeded but that is a different story. Today I tried to login and work some more and can not get logged in. I just tried it again and same thing. This is in the error log:

2008.09.26 09:49:20 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:507)] Error loading plugin: /opt/openfire/plugins/search
java.lang.NullPointerException: No ComponentManager implementation available.
at org.xmpp.component.ComponentManagerFactory.getComponentManager(ComponentManager Factory.java:53)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.SearchPlugin.initializePlugin(SearchPlugin.jav a:137)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :448)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :47)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1014)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2008.09.26 09:49:20 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:507)] Error loading plugin: /opt/openfire/plugins/sip
at org.xmpp.component.ComponentManagerFactory.getComponentManager(ComponentManager Factory.java:53)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.sip.SipManager.initializePlugin(SipManager.java:53)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :448)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :47)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1014)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)
2008.09.26 09:49:22 [org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin$1.call(PhonePlugin.java:306)] Error enabling or disabling plugin.
at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.init(PhonePlugin.java:123)
at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin$1.call(PhonePlugin.java:298)
at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin$1.call(PhonePlugin.java:294)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

Looks to me like one of you plugins is causing you problems. I would remove the plugins and try again.

Um, how do I remove a plugin if I can not get logged in?

stop the server. navigate to the install folder for openfire. goto the plugins folder. remover the plugin jar files and their associated folders.

OK. I had renamed the sip folder but it kept changing it back each time I restarted. I removed the sip.jar and sip folders. Not it starts with no errors. I then stopped openfire, changed the setup to false again, started openfire, ran through the config screens and STILL can not log in. I even used a different browser in case something was being cached in Firefox. No go…

OK, I’m seeing more and more threads about this admin login problem. There is definately an issue with this version of openfire. The password is being stored in the database (mysql) properly because when I get to the setup screen to change it, if I enter a bogus password for the “previous” password field, it complains, but if I put in the correct password, it lets me change it. So that screen is reading the database correctly. The login screen is broken…

I am running 3.6.0a on my server with MySQL and it was done as an upgrade. I have no issues logging in, so the statement that there is something wrong with the version as a whole is not accurate. I am not saying there are not issues because there are. My guess is you have an error with your upgrade. The database may not have upgraded fully. This does seem a common problem. What version of MySQL are you running? Your openfire db version my be wrong, there are directions somewhere in the forum to find this version number.

Don’t know if the is the right info or not but mysql is 5.0.22 and openfire is 20 ??

mysql> select version();
±----------+
| version() |
±----------+
| 5.0.22 |
±----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from ofVersion;
±------------±--------+
| name | version |
±------------±--------+
| openfire | 20 |
| asterisk-im | 2 |
| gateway | 10 |
| sip | 1 |
±------------±--------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

OK. I am having the same problem as the person in the thread below me. I just blew away the entire openfire install and started from scratch. No upgrade, brand new install. Setup everything. All works well. Logged OUT the first time, and now can not get back in. Tells me invalid password. Grrr…

I have same problem, when this will be fixed?

Managed to fix this, I have added admin rights to other user in old version, then upgraded, logged in deleted admin and recreated him.