Spark 2.6.0 BETA 2 Released!

Hey everyone!

**Another Beta Version? **

Well, we like to iron out all the bugs before we release a final version, have fun with BETA 2 and let me know how it compares to BETA 1 or other Spark versions. Thanks!

Why is this 2.6.0 and not 2.5.9?

Well, Daniel and I agreed that with the new GUI change we should jump up a little and form a new series of 2.6.x (Thanks to Daniel for uploading this beta)

Changes Between 2.6.0 BETA 1 and 2.6.0 BETA 2

[SPARK-952] Links will not open from chat windows under Linux Daniel Henninger
[SPARK-963] Should be an option to switch to 24h time format in chat window
[SPARK-930] Offline contacts in broadcast window
[SPARK-413] improve display of buttons in “Browse Conference Rooms”
[SPARK-467] Persist search information when doing user searches on multiple search services.
[SPARK-960] Spark does not remember group state.
[SPARK-409] option to disable the password change fields
[SPARK-954] Need an option to disable showing previous conversation in chat window
[SPARK-1023] Add remove button to call history
[SPARK-431] add “Save / Apply” and a “Cancel” button to Preferences Dialog
[SPARK-975] Add an option to delete entries in Tasks permanently
[SPARK-671] hide “show chat history” button if chat history is disabled
[SPARK-1025] Make rename global and not limited to just the contact list
[SPARK-700] Add an option to turn off Spark’s update-checking feature
[SPARK-1027] Prevent duplicate conferences
[SPARK-943] Add an option to read and copy contact’s status message
[SPARK-980] Add an option to disable vcard popups
[SPARK-959] Broadcast dialog input field should do text wrapping
[SPARK-1018] Add options to expand and collapse all groups together
[SPARK-1028] Spark is still showing null avatars/display pictures
[SPARK-1029] Clicking the information button will send the chat text field
[SPARK-1032] Improve the downloading class
[SPARK-1024] Add finish translation

Changes Between 2.5.8 and 2.6.0 BETA 1

[SPARK-898] org/jivesoftware/spark/ui/RetryPanel.java uses non-standard Smack

[SPARK-909] Spark Crashes after ending a Muted Call

[SPARK-937] Wrong notification popup upon receiving a file

[SPARK-789] Some text not internationalized

[SPARK-921] Sometimes Spark can’t change to Available automatically

[SPARK-878] Linux idle plugin not properly handling coming back from idle

[SPARK-906] Spark’s build should unpack .pack’d files at build time, not at first startup

[SPARK-835] Update translations inside Spark

[SPARK-849] “[ ] Enable Emotions” should disable more

[SPARK-667] Spark should only transform first /me

[SPARK-799] Server is editable on failed login

[SPARK-886] Reconnection logic not working properly

[SPARK-913] Settings not always being saved after changes made

[SPARK-914] Spark does not handle messages with subjects very well

[SPARK-901] Fix JVM crash when using Jingle on the Mac OS X

[SPARK-912] Localization improvements w/ bonus other improvements

[SPARK-278] URL parser issues

[SPARK-947] Add QQ transport support?

[SPARK-969] When someone performs a file transfer or non-message related event, the last message before it is shown in growl notifications

[SPARK-1004] if a username is too long then it gets cut off

[SPARK-991] Group Chat Highlighting

[SPARK-1009] Make gateway icons more transparent to fit with new theme

[SPARK-1010] On toast popup from a MUC show the nickname of whoever said the comment

[SPARK-1012] Update Jingle implementation to latest in Smack

[SPARK-926] Custom status editing no longer working in trunk

[SPARK-24] Memory does not decrease after closing chat window.

[SPARK-1019] Spark IRC support passing wrong variable for nickname

[SPARK-700] Add an option to turn off Spark’s update-checking feature

[SPARK-848] Jabber:IQ:Time not showing up on request.

[SPARK-815] Local time is not completed in the Client Version

[SPARK-997] An error occurs when enetering no Gateway username

[SPARK-993] Improve the GUI

[SPARK-637] BUZZ highlight chat tab

[SPARK-1011] When someone says my name in an MUC, show a custom toast popup if enabled

[SPARK-950] Spark is not showing /" chars in chat window

[SPARK-286] unicode display bug / window title

[SPARK-944] After language change should be “Exit now?”, not “Restart now?”

This BETA doesn’t have a feature I want. What should i do?

There’s already a topic in the Spark community to request new features.

I’ve noticed something that hasen’t been reported, What should i do?

Feel free to post something here, i hope that we can resolve issues quickly. Please don’t post something that we know about or is in the Jira.

Where should i download this BETA?

Right here: http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/beta.jsp

Thanks!

Hi winsrev, thanks for your work on this - great to see continuing work going into the good old Java client.

Just a little question - I have a custom skin for 2.5.8 which doesn’t quite work with the new release. I need to “lose” the pale blue background behind the roster and go back to the plain white, just for corporate colour branding reasons more than anything else. I can’t see from where this colour / background image is called - could you give me a pointer?

Cheers, Nick

I just tried installing 2.6.0B2 & nobody shows up in my contact list. I am running Openfire 3.6.0a. Is anyone else seeing this?

Pc_Pixel wrote:

I just tried installing 2.6.0B2 & nobody shows up in my contact list. I am running Openfire 3.6.0a. Is anyone else seeing this?

Check menu Contacts. Maybe nobody is online and you have showing offline users disabled. Anyway, works fine for me.

But

[SPARK-1018] Add options to expand and collapse all groups together

Isn’t working, though it was working in SVN version. And in Beta 2 there are those issues reported in Spark SVN thread (broadcast window, preferences window).

I really like 24h time format and ability to select online users in broadcast window and all other small fixes.

Link to the *.deb is wrong (should be /spark/beta/ not /openfire/

Yup. Just checked. It doesn’t work. If I sign in with 2.5.8, I see everyone. If I sign on with 2.6.0B2 it says everyone is offline. I just checked with someone who is online & they are claiming I am not online.

Also, Spark is not appearing in the tray next to the clock. If I close the window, the process is still running. By using Process Explorer from SysInternals, I can attempt to bring the window to the foreground but says there is no window associated with the process.

From my logs for today:

Sep 18, 2008 7:32:11 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error
SEVERE:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jivesoftware.spark.Workspace$1.shutdown(Workspace.java:136)
at org.jivesoftware.MainWindow.fireWindowShutdown(MainWindow.java:234)
at org.jivesoftware.MainWindow.shutdown(MainWindow.java:263)
at org.jivesoftware.MainWindow$7.actionPerformed(MainWindow.java:457)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Sep 18, 2008 7:33:51 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error
SEVERE:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jivesoftware.spark.Workspace$1.shutdown(Workspace.java:136)
at org.jivesoftware.MainWindow.fireWindowShutdown(MainWindow.java:234)
at org.jivesoftware.MainWindow.shutdown(MainWindow.java:263)
at org.jivesoftware.MainWindow$7.actionPerformed(MainWindow.java:457)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

No.2 wrote:

Link to the *.deb is wrong (should be /spark/beta/ not /openfire/

Oops Fixed

I’ll take a closer look at that thread and implement those changes in the next commit.

Strange. At home i see expand/collapse context menu items. Maybe that’s because i have administration rights at home. Will check tomorrow at office, will try to run Spark as admin. Though i have done that once after install.

[SPARK-963] Should be an option to switch to 24h time format in chat window

It works fine with ordinary messages. But “contact is going online/offline” still shows 12h format.

Fastpath is still not working with this beta, it hasnt worked since 2.5.8. The fastpath tab never shows up on the client.

Fastpath is working for me (also it was working in 2.5.8 and Beta 1). I get Fastpath tab in my Spark client after i add my username into queue in Fastpath setup. You have to restart Spark to see that tab after user addition into queue.

Fastpath is also working for me on the latest SVN. However - this may or may not be connected but previously I have lost the Fastpath tab when upgrading from 2.5.8. Same user, so it should definitely be there. Removing Spark through Add / Remove Programs (and from memory deleting the directories as well) - and then installing the latest SVN “clean” brough the Fastpath tab back ok.

So perhaps there is an upgrade issue here?

Hi,

I do see the same. I’ll take a look at the logs and post them later on.

Regrads

Walter

Hi,

I do see the same problem for my installation 3.6.0a (fresh install) and one user.

The groups are shiowing but all users are offline. The search bar is also disappearing. I was able to track the error down. It is related to users in your roster with an empty group (they don’t belong to a group).

Kind regards,

Walter

Walter, can you give a bit more information on this? How can one reproduce this? Is there something in the logs (Spark, Openfire) when you see such behavior?

Hi wroot,

sure, it described in detail here: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/180815#180815

Walter

I have deployed Beta2 in my company. I have two users who had the same issue, when they hit enter after they type their message, nothing happens. But the message does go to the reciepient. A simple restart of Spark fixes the issue.

Below is the log.

org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error SEVERE: Error sending message java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.SimpleAttributeSet.addAttribute(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.StyleConstants.setForeground(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.TranscriptWindow.insertMessage(TranscriptWindow.java: 181) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:259) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:245) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:220) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.checkForEnter(ChatRoom.java:473) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.access$200(ChatRoom.java:72) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom$2.keyPressed(ChatRoom.java:255) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.keyPressed(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) Oct 24, 2008 10:20:40 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error SEVERE: Error sending message java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.SimpleAttributeSet.addAttribute(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.StyleConstants.setForeground(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.TranscriptWindow.insertMessage(TranscriptWindow.java: 181) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:259) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:245) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:220) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.checkForEnter(ChatRoom.java:473) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.access$200(ChatRoom.java:72) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom$2.keyPressed(ChatRoom.java:255) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.keyPressed(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) Oct 24, 2008 10:20:43 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error SEVERE: Error sending message java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.SimpleAttributeSet.addAttribute(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.StyleConstants.setForeground(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.TranscriptWindow.insertMessage(TranscriptWindow.java: 181) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:259) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:245) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:220) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.checkForEnter(ChatRoom.java:473) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.access$200(ChatRoom.java:72) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom$2.keyPressed(ChatRoom.java:255) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.keyPressed(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) Oct 24, 2008 10:21:35 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error SEVERE: Error sending message java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.SimpleAttributeSet.addAttribute(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.StyleConstants.setForeground(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.TranscriptWindow.insertMessage(TranscriptWindow.java: 181) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:259) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:245) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:220) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.checkForEnter(ChatRoom.java:473) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.access$200(ChatRoom.java:72) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom$2.keyPressed(ChatRoom.java:255) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.keyPressed(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) Oct 24, 2008 10:23:02 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error SEVERE: Error sending message java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.SimpleAttributeSet.addAttribute(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.StyleConstants.setForeground(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.TranscriptWindow.insertMessage(TranscriptWindow.java: 181) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:259) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:245) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:220) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.checkForEnter(ChatRoom.java:473) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.access$200(ChatRoom.java:72) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom$2.keyPressed(ChatRoom.java:255) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.keyPressed(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) Oct 24, 2008 10:32:47 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error SEVERE: Error sending message java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.SimpleAttributeSet.addAttribute(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.StyleConstants.setForeground(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.TranscriptWindow.insertMessage(TranscriptWindow.java: 181) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:259) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:245) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:220) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.checkForEnter(ChatRoom.java:473) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.access$200(ChatRoom.java:72) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom$2.keyPressed(ChatRoom.java:255) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.keyPressed(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) Oct 24, 2008 10:32:57 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error SEVERE: Error sending message java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.SimpleAttributeSet.addAttribute(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.StyleConstants.setForeground(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.TranscriptWindow.insertMessage(TranscriptWindow.java: 181) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:259) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:245) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:220) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.checkForEnter(ChatRoom.java:473) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.access$200(ChatRoom.java:72) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom$2.keyPressed(ChatRoom.java:255) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.keyPressed(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) Oct 24, 2008 10:32:58 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error SEVERE: Error sending message java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.SimpleAttributeSet.addAttribute(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.StyleConstants.setForeground(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.TranscriptWindow.insertMessage(TranscriptWindow.java: 181) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:259) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:245) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:220) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.checkForEnter(ChatRoom.java:473) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.access$200(ChatRoom.java:72) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom$2.keyPressed(ChatRoom.java:255) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.keyPressed(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) Oct 24, 2008 10:33:48 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error SEVERE: Error sending message java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.SimpleAttributeSet.addAttribute(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.StyleConstants.setForeground(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.TranscriptWindow.insertMessage(TranscriptWindow.java: 181) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:259) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:245) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:220) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.checkForEnter(ChatRoom.java:473) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.access$200(ChatRoom.java:72) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom$2.keyPressed(ChatRoom.java:255) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.keyPressed(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) Oct 24, 2008 11:55:46 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error SEVERE: Error sending message java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.SimpleAttributeSet.addAttribute(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.text.StyleConstants.setForeground(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.TranscriptWindow.insertMessage(TranscriptWindow.java: 181) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:259) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:245) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.sendMessage(ChatRoomImpl.java:220) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.checkForEnter(ChatRoom.java:473) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom.access$200(ChatRoom.java:72) at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatRoom$2.keyPressed(ChatRoom.java:255) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.keyPressed(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Modulok, you can delete those users’ profiles in C:\Documents and Settings\User\ , but this is a temporal solution too. Also, Todd has told that he is installing Spark Online version (without JRE) and it seems that this helps, if i remember right.