Question for newbie OpenFire Deployment

Hello. is it ok Installing Openfire as a chat server and spark as a client running 1000 users?

with this computer spec:

Processor

Name

Dual-Core AMD

Opteron™ Processor 1214 HT

PhysicalMemory

Capacity

Processor

CurrentClockSpeed

also the Network adapter is Gigabit LAN.

Im using the embeded Database for this one and i observed that it takes a lot of space everyday chat

more than 100mb per 3hours. i did installed archived for chat logs. maybe thats the issue.

I hope experts can advised me if its ok.

it is running under windows 2003 licensedOS

Thank you so much…

You should be fine. I would change one thing though. I would strongly recommend installing MySQL instead. It run scheduled nightly backups of the database which in turn can be used for disaster recovery or moving to a new computer. MySQL makes a nice GUI admin program for windows as well to ease in the configuration of the database and its backups.

Thanks for the nice reply.

one thing how about i install WAMP on my Windows 2003 Server coz we have a web based running in that machine together with the OPENFIRE.

in wamp theres and MySQL running… im about to try that…

imagine only in 12hours i got 100+mb with only 2 users online and not even doing chats.

but ill get back to you… when im finised re installing the OPENFIRE and point it to the mySQL database.

i tried to connect it with our MS-SQL but seems theres a bit problem when i run OPENFIRE

there a lot of messages… on it in the console window…

ill be right back… ill reinstall this openfire

thanks for the reply…

When i run the openfire_sqlserver.sql script in the sql server i found 2 warnings is this ok? i attached a screenshot and the message

Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index ‘jiveRoster_jid_idx’ has maximum length of 2048 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.

Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index ‘jiveSASLAuthoirzed_pk’ has maximum length of 4128 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

Then thanks God already run it using MS SQL Server.

but i cant get what are those warnings? does it affect?

thanks

sorry for double post on this thread

Just to close this thread… im now running openfire with MS-SQL as backend

and it works fine…

thank you people…