Help! 5222 and 5223 server port not seen in administration console

Hi Everyone,

After installing openfire on my hosted server, it works fine but i can’t connect my spark client to the server. I notice that the port 5222 and 5223 is not seen in the server port administration console.Here’s the snapshot of my server port.

Server port:

All addresses

Admin Console

The port used for unsecured Admin Console access.

All addresses

Admin Console

The port used for secured Admin Console access.

All addresses

3478 & 3479

STUN Service

The port used for the service that ensures connectivity between entities when behind a NAT.

All addresses

Flash Cross Domain

Service that allows Flash clients connect to other hostnames and ports.

How can i enable port 5222, 5223 and other ports?

Thank you for any help! I appreciate much.

Julian

Hi,

do you see errors in the log files? My admin console does not list port 5222 but it’s open anyway - and this is likely the only port one needs for client connections (unless one has old clients which still use old SSL).

LG

Hi LG,

Here’s the error message in log file:

2007.12.17 09:07:10 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.java: 87) Line=19 The content of element type “dwr” must match “(init?,allow?,signatures?)”.

What i’m gonna do?

Thanks,

Julian

Hi Julian,

please try to restart the application, wait one minute and create then a stack trace / javacore (“kill -3 openfire-pid” should do it). As you have also a server where this works do the same there. The difference of both thread dumps should be enough to tell what’s going wrong. Or post the whole thread dump here.

Maybe it’s a problem with blocking IO or something like this, Gentoo or Slackware linux systems may have such problems.

LG

Hi LG,

Still i got same problem. Here’s the Server port on my development server.

Server Ports ||Interface||Port|| ||Type||Description||

All addresses

Client to Server

The standard port for clients to connect to the server. Connections may or may not be encrypted. You can update the security settings\ for this port.

All addresses

Client to Server

The port used for clients to connect to the server using the old SSL method. The old SSL method is not an XMPP standard method and will be deprecated in the future. You can update the security settings\ for this port.

All addresses

Admin Console

All addresses

Admin Console

All addresses

File Transfer Proxy

The port used for the proxy service that allows file transfers to occur between two entities on the XMPP network.

All addresses

HTTP Binding

The port used for unsecured HTTP client connections.

All addresses

HTTP Binding

The port used for secured HTTP client connections.

All addresses

3478 & 3479

STUN Service

The port used for the service that ensures connectivity between entities when behind a NAT.

All addresses

Flash Cross Domain

And here’s the port on my VPS hosted server.

Server Ports ||Interface||Port|| ||Type||Description||

All addresses

Admin Console

All addresses

Admin Console

All addresses

File Transfer Proxy

The port used for the proxy service that allows file transfers to occur between two entities on the XMPP network.

All addresses

3478 & 3479

STUN Service

All addresses

Flash Cross Domain

Notice that the port 5222 and port 5223 is not in listening mode the reason i can’t connect to the server. On my development server i don’t have any problem. I expect same ports on my VPS hosted server. I try to issue a command like #nc -z myhosteddomain.com 5222-5223, to try if the ports are in listening mode but i got nothing. But port 9090 has problem, i can access it thru web.

Can you help me solve with my problem?

Thanks a lot LG.

Julian

We are seeing the exact same problem. How did you solve yours?

Found our problem, incorrect code on clustering plugin.

can you list what you mean by " incorrect code on clustering plugin" becuase i am having the same error after enabling clutering.