Awaiting authorization

openfire 3.3.3 and im gateway 1.1.3a

I have a problem. Then I add a new user in member list, this user is always stay in “awaiting authorization” and I can’t authorization him.

This is in log:

2007.10.02 15:10:38 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(In
terceptorManager.java:239)] Error in interceptor: org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.oscar.OSCARTransport@1b0b765 while intercepting:
<iq type="set" id="sd15" from="user@im/Pandion">
  <query xmlns="jabber:iq:roster">
    <item subscription="remove" jid="123456789@icq.im"/>
  </query>
</iq>
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.oscar.OSCARSession.removeContact(OS
CARSession.java:423)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.roster.TransportBuddyManager.removeBuddy(Tran
sportBuddyManager.java:203)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.interceptPacket(BaseTransport.j
ava:2314)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(Int
erceptorManager.java:227)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:113)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:289)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler
.java:79)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:254)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:153)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl
er.java:132)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived
(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab
stractIoFilterChain.java:299)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt
erChain.java:53)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive
d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
        at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr
otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)
        at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF
ilter.java:176)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab
stractIoFilterChain.java:299)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt
erChain.java:53)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive
d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
        at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java
:239)
        at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut
orFilter.java:283)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:
650)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

What’s wrong?!

Same problem here. Openfire 3.3.2

I have noticed that (at least for MSN users) the user I add must authorize me from their MSN client and not spark/Pidgin/Gaim. This is definately a pain to deal with and it seems to be more on the MSN client side of things. Until the transport is updated enough to pass the authorization through, this is how I deal with it. I have seen occational success using Pidgin to update my roster.

I’m confused, you are saying that when you add someone they have to accept your add on their end? That’s “legitimate” MSN procedure. =D Unless the person happens to already have authorized you you have to get their authorization first before you’ll be able to see them online. Am I misinterpreting what you are saying though?

The awaiting authorization state means you are waiting on -their- authorization, so you can’t authorize them, they have to authorize you.

Let me try a different interpreation if what you are saying reuben.brown … are you saying that if user A and user B are BOTH using the im gateway plugin, user A adds user B and user B never gets the authorization request? Does that sound more accurate? Sorry if I’m misreading you. =)

Jadestorm,

I do understand how the authorization is supposed to work, and your second interpretation of my comment is correct. The user never gets the request for authorization. The only way I have been able to process authorizations is to use an MSN client or add the user to my account manually to force the authorization via hotmail. The same has held true when I request them. The other user must use something other than Spark to get the authorization through, but I have to send a message via a non-Spark client to get it across.

It might have less to do with your gateway and more to do with how Spark integrates with it. Keep up the good work though.

=) Thanks! GATE-370 Shouldn’t be too hard to fix this/make it work properly. =)