Offline group and offline contacts handling

Recreating http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/143512#143512 as question for convinient watching.

When “Group offline users” is disabled, if i enable “Show empty groups” then Spark is showing groups with no online users and Offline group too. If i then check/uncheck “Group offline users” Offline group is gone. If i restart Spark Offline group is back again.

I need to be able to see my shared empty groups, but i dont want to see Offline group, unless i enable that “Group offline users” option.

With 2.5.7 new bugs introduced (though it could be Openfire 3.3.3, i was using Spark 2.5.6 with Openfire 3.3.3 for two days, but i havent noticed such issues, so probably it’s Spark. Dont have 2.5.6 right now to downgrade).

Now i cant make Spark to remember to show offline users in their groups. If “Show empty groups” is checked and “Group offline users” unchecked and i start Spark it shows group wrong:

before 2.5.7:

userA - online

userC - online

userD - online

userB - offline

with 2.5.7:

userA - online

userC - online

userD - online

userC - online

It just puts some online contact one more time instead of offline contact.

LG, Spark logs are empty as usually…
openfire.spec (4597 Bytes)

Hi Oleg,

I can reproduce it, Derek can reproduce it and we think that Spark 2.5.8 will always group offline users and no longer offer you to show empty groups (;

LG

PS: SPARK-448 was reopened, so one will likely get a real fix.

it2000 wrote:

and we think that Spark 2.5.8 will always group offline users and no longer offer you to show empty groups (;

not funny

I’m wondering if I should just show offline users in their respective place and not group them inside of active groups. What do you guys/gals think?

Cheers,

Derek

Do you mean to show them just sorted by names and not grouped like “online first” and then offline? That would be my desire

Group:

A-user - online

B-user - offline

C-user - online

D-user - offline

Yes Wroot. Exactly.

Cheers,

Derek

yeah thats what we need! plus here it would be nice that broadcast would also show the same layout so that when you send a message to the group, it will send a message to the offline users too

its annoying at the moment, when u untick to group offline users, this isnt reflected in the broadcast window. would it really be that hard to do?

fixed:

• online contacts doubling instead of offline

added:

• offline contacts in their groups in broadcast window

not fixed:

• offline group still reappears in roster after Spark restart if Grouping of offline users is disabled and Show Empty Group is enabled (offline groups is empty one, so it becomes visible if latter setting is turned on). Disabling Grouping of offline users doesnt mean Offline group should go away, it just puts all offline users in their group. So it’s a request for an option Hide offline group

• offline contacts are shown after online and not in their place in group

SPARK-929

not so high priority, but would be great to get rid of offline group finally and for good and of course alphabetical contacts sorting in groups.

wroot wrote:

• offline group still reappears in roster after Spark restart if Grouping of offline users is disabled and Show Empty Group is enabled (offline groups is empty one, so it becomes visible if latter setting is turned on). Disabling Grouping of offline users doesnt mean Offline group should go away, it just puts all offline users in their group. So it’s a request for an option Hide offline group

SPARK-928